classpathx-javamail

[Classpathx-javamail] Re: Gnu mail bug

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: [Classpathx-javamail] Re: Gnu mail bug
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:30:22 +0000

Countach wrote:
Sorry to be thick, but it's not clear to me why you would pass the result of URLName.getFile() into getFolder(). I would have thought the only thing that is valid to pass to getFolder() is a string that has previously been discovered from calling getFullName() by recursing the hierarchy. If you've got a URLName, shouldn't you pass it to Store.getFolder(URLName)?

You say you need a way to treat paths that doesn't depend on the leading "/", but isn't it the Java mail spec itself that says to depend on it? The spec for Folder says the name is relative to the URL passed to the Store, unless it starts with the hierarchy delimiter -- "/" in this case. The IF statement I put in implements that requirement.

OK. I've put the if-statement back in and changed the semantics of getFolder(URLName), hopefully this meets the requirements.
--
Chris Burdess