classpathx-javamail

Re: [Classpathx-javamail] Rewrite of JavaMail

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-javamail] Rewrite of JavaMail
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 09:37:45 -0000

> Both Joey and I put a lot of work in there to bring it to where it was,
and
> it has all been thrown away, along with the recognition of that effort in
the
> authorship of those files.  I recognize that a lot of work went into this
> rewrite and I congratulate the author on it as I understand the hard work
> involved to achieve it.  I'm just concerned on the reasoning for such a
> rewrite.

Ok. I take that on board. The javamail classes weren't finished... I had
been working on them, and I'd had a number of offers to work on them but
none of them came to fruition.

dog re-wrote the classes (to what extent he used the existing stuff I don't
know, if he's not credited anyone he should have credited then I'm sure
that's an over sight that is easily corrected) and I authorised him to check
them in.

Now that the javamail stuff is done we can all move on to other things, it
also eases the testing of the IMAP provider (which I have started to work on
again) and the other providers (that dog has contributed).

I'm sorry if you feel hard work was thrown away, but it was unfinished.

Nic