Re: updating java.beans class to 1.5

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: updating java.beans class to 1.5
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:53:46 -0400

Robert Schuster wrote:
AFAIK the changes Sun made are binary compatible or am I wrong?

http://www.kaffe.org/~stuart/japi/jcompat.txt contains some notes I made on exactly what kinds of changes are binary compatible. These are the criteria that japitools use to determine what errors to list.

I just noticed that this page is slightly incomplete: "Less access -> more access", which is the criterion that applies here, is only listed under "Classes", and not under "methods", "fields", "constructors" or "interfaces". In fact, of course, it applies to all of them.

Stuart.

--
Stuart Ballard, Senior Web Developer
NetReach, Inc.