Re: RFC: remove print statements from Security

From: Casey Marshall
Subject: Re: RFC: remove print statements from Security
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 10:48:32 -0700

Dalibor> Mark Wielaard wrote:
>> Hi,

>>> Is there a reason to use a non-standard system property here? whats
>>> wrong with java.home?

Dalibor> [snip]

>> But I am not too attached to the current implementation. And the
>> gnu.classpath.home.url property is currently only used for
>> Security, LogManager and the InitialContext properties. So it
>> shouldn't be hard to rewrite it to something else if you care.

Dalibor> I'd propose to use different, better named URLs instead of a
Dalibor> generic java.home one with some magic paths appended to
Dalibor> it. I'be for using explicit
Dalibor> gnu.classpath.security.configuration.url,
Dalibor> gnu.classpath.logging.configuration.url and
Dalibor> gnu.classpath.naming.confoguration.url properties.

I think this is a good idea, but perhaps we should build a default
path from 'java.home'.

I like this idea because it gives the best answer to the question
"what is the most generic and portable way to implement this?" --
through a property for each configuration URL, and with sensible
defaults.

--
Casey Marshall || address@hidden