RFC: remove print statements from Security

From: Casey Marshall
Subject: RFC: remove print statements from Security
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 21:22:22 -0700

Hi,

I'd like to propose that we remove the print statements from the
provider loading code in java.security.Security, as with the attached
patch. It wasn't recieved well when proposed [1] and now actually
makes tests fail on libgcj [2].

I personally find it rather amateurish -- they look like debug
statements and they can't be turned off.

Alternatively, how about printing them only if a DEBUG constant is set
to 'true'?

Cheers,

--
Casey Marshall || address@hidden

[1] http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/2003-q1/msg00659.html
[2] http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2004-10/msg00084.html

"Oh - sorry!  I was reading the baked potato timer by mistake! Will
people not leave that in here?  It just makes us look like we don't
know what the hell we're doing!" -- Red Dwarf, "Blue".