Re: [ANN] CHICKEN 5.3.0 release candidate available

From: felix . winkelmann
Subject: Re: [ANN] CHICKEN 5.3.0 release candidate available
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 12:54:12 +0200

> On Sat, Aug 14, 2021 at 08:25:21PM +0200, Sven Hartrumpf wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > The segmentation violation disappeared after cleaning my build script for
> > chicken.
> > (It contained an old "-mpreferred-stack-boundary=4" in
> > C_COMPILER_OPTIMIZATION_OPTIONS,
> > which I dropped now.)
>
> hm, I have to wonder: why does that break things?

More obscure C compiler options sometimes break working code, the possibility
of interactions
with optimzations and hardware contraints are endless. We also have alignment
restrictions
regarding stack-allocated floats, so perhaps there is something borked in that
regard. I wouldn't
worry too much about it, though.