Re: [ANN] CHICKEN 5.3.0 release candidate available

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [ANN] CHICKEN 5.3.0 release candidate available
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2021 08:37:02 +0200

On Fri, Aug 13, 2021 at 08:18:39AM +0200, Sven Hartrumpf wrote:
> Hi.
>
> gcc 10.3.0, amd64, Ubuntu 21.04
>
> I am getting a new "Error: segmentation violation", when I add (time .)
> around my main function mf call:
> (time (mf (cons (car (argv)) (command-line-arguments))))
> The error happens after this mf call is finished.
> Worked for 5.2 (and earlier).
>
> I hope someone has a minimal example, because mine is huge.

Hi Sven,

Thanks for testing!

Perhaps you can try compiling CHICKEN with DEBUGBUILD=1 and then
re-compiling and running your program.  This will add lots of
inline checks, making the program run very slowly, but it will
hopefully raise an early error rather than just segfaulting.

This should make it easier to pinpoint where it's going wrong.

Cheers,
Peter