bibledit-general

Re: [be] Creating a Sword module error message

From: Oreo Warpok
Subject: Re: [be] Creating a Sword module error message
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2013 20:52:37 -0500

Thanks very much, Teus!

I just tried to install. I did
sudo apt-get install python perl libsword-utils
I initialized git and got the files.

I did't do this: The above command clones the code repository to your local disk. It will create a directory called "bibledit". Go into that directory, and do the normal "./configure", "make", "sudo make install" sequence, as is described in the installation documentation.
But that doesn't seem to work.

I did

cd bibledit
git reset --hard
git pull
cd gtk
./configure
make
sudo make install
The ./configure or the sudo make gave an error 1 and something about root password.
So I did
./configure --with-mysql-root-password=password
And it seems to have gone through without a hitch.

But I still have .9 running according to About, and no new Export categories.

Would this have worked to install in the the .9 location, or should I have zapped that installation and started from scratch?
Also, there was an error that went by too fast somewhere that said something about recommending to install some package. I could not scroll back to it.

Please let me know if you know how to fix my problem!
Phil

Oreo Phil                 479-524-7005

      One King to rule them all, One Son to find them,
      One Blood to cleanse them all, And from the dark unbind them.