bibledit-general

Re: [be] Printing fromBibledit

From: Kim Blewett
Subject: Re: [be] Printing fromBibledit
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 13:02:13 +1000

I have not seen this problem printing from Bibiedit in Ubuntu. But I am no longer using BE's Print function. I have started using the Export to Open Document format (Open Office or Libre Office), so I can tweak the format before I print. I am working on a OOo template that redefines the exported stylenames, and has two page size styles, etc.-- sort of a very basic Silas-type formatting aid for OOo.

This is very basic so far, but it turns out that at least a few of the formatting tasks that Silas-for-Windows must put into macros can be done in Open/Libre Office simply by "loading styles" from this template, including Page styles: Unlike MS Word, you can specify paper size and margins by attaching the template, and assigning page styles. You can even specify a sequence of pages at the start of a doc: Title Page--Verso--Contents--First Text page--Default Text page... These automatically attach themselves to the first five pages of a doc if you attach Title Page style to the first page of the doc.

Also, Frame styles can snap an inserted picture to a specific position/size on a page with a double-click. I'm quite pleased with what can be done, once I discovered how Styles work in OOo, very differently from Word styles. But I haven't had time to learn about macros at all yet...

If anyone is interested I can send you this template... and if you can improve it you'd help many translators, I think! I'm in the midst of something now; I may not get it sent for a few weeks yet, but if you reply to me I'll collect a list and send it as soon as I can.

Kim