bibledit-general

Re: [be] Installing/Updating Bibledit from http://ppa.launchpad.net/pkgc

From: Wolfgang Stradner E
Subject: Re: [be] Installing/Updating Bibledit from http://ppa.launchpad.net/pkgcrosswire/ppa/ubuntu?
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 11:01:13 +0200

Hi Teus,

What happens, if you have both repositories (crosswire and SIL) switched on and both have versions of BE available (crosswire: 3.7 and SIL 3.4). Will both show up in synaptic?

Wolfgang

Teus Benschop wrote:
Hi Wolfgang,

The crosswire personal repository you refer to seems to be more up to
date than the repository that is maintained by SIL. What I mean is that
new versions of bibledit make it faster into the crosswire repository.

Therefore, yes, it seems a good idea to point users to this repository.
If they use this repository, it seems it will become easier for them to
update their version of bibledit.
In case you'd like to write a few smple instructions for the users to
follow, I can then add these instructions to the Ubuntu installation
instructions.

Teus.