Re: [Axiom-developer] Bug?

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Bug?
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 00:24:12 +0200

But Integer has Ring so if you add 3 new functions to Complex2,  1, =
and characteristic() then both Integer and Complex2 can satisfy Ring.

I feared that the anonymous category or the "0: %" were the problem.
But now it is good to know that I should currently avoid the use of anonymous categories if I want my code to run in Axiom.

Apparently the interpreter does not understand how to evaluate Aldor
anonymous categories.

I guess once Aldor becomes open source

According to
http://www.aldor.org/pipermail/aldor-l/2007-March/000620.html
we should have some news at the end of this week.

we could classify this as a bug. :-)

So if SPAD cannot handle anonymous categories and is seems it cannot
http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandboxNoAnonymousCategoryMacro
then this is a bug even without free Aldor.

Ralf