RE: [Axiom-developer] Bug?

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Bug?
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 11:32:50 -0400

On March 29, 2007 11:03 AM Ralf Hemmecke wrote:
> I was about extending the page
>
> http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandBoxSPADForPython
>
> showing that Aldor allows parametrized domains and did not
> want to introduce a new category MyRing, so I made it a macro.
> Aldor could equally compile the code, but I had problems in
> using it from inside Axiom. Axiom always claimed that Complex2
> was not available.

Yes. I did not have time last night to add a section to my
email about "functors", i.e. parameterized domains. But it is
important for Python programmers to understand that the Complex
domain in Axiom is not implemented the way I showed in my
example. In fact, Complex is a domain constructor that takes
a type as an argument, e.g.

  x:Complex(Float)

and that we automatically have Complex of any other domain
that has the category CommutativeRing.

> Do you want me to repoduce the behaviour on the Sandbox?

I think what you were trying to show is easily possible.
Yes please reproduce on another SandBox page and a little
later today I will see if I can solve the problem.