Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom memory usage and GCL

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom memory usage and GCL
Date: 28 Sep 2006 02:12:58 +0200

Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

| | > I hope to be at a point where I can start parallel make, but
| | > I first need to get this issue out of the way.
| |
| | Do you suspect some Axiom coding error??? Or are you talking
| | about a different issue. It is no longer clear to me.
|
| Before blaming Axiom, I prefer to blame myself first -- the makefiles
| are very tricky and what can appear as a small change in a Makefile
| can have far reaching fallouts in Lisp codes (especially in src/interp
| where I'm having this problem) because of very poor or lack of
| abstractions.

I solved this issue:  It was me forgtetting to specify $(ENV) before
calling $(MAKE).  Which reminds why why I did not appreciate passing
those variables on command line in the first place.

Now, I can ressurect my work on the boot directory (which I partly
lost while digging this issue).

Thanks!