[Axiom-developer] Re: Be Bold

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Be Bold
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 11:00:15 +0200

Well, we don't have the ability to do it with just your mouse
but you can move pages in the structure using 'backlinks'. If
you click on the page name in the header you will see a list
of pages that link to this page and also a list of the pages to
which this page links. The main purpose of the backlinks page
is to allow you to specify the "parents" of the page. I recently
made some improvements to the backlinks page based on code
from a more recent version of ZWiki.

I am slowly learning... ;-)

Now I see: "Other parent:". Maybe that is clear for a native speaker, for me it is not. For example I see on http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandBoxBeBold/backlinks just the parent FAQ. So if I put something into "Other parent" will this remove the link to "FAQ". Writing "additional parent" would be more obvious to me.

Why cannot I add more children? Why not having something like

Parents of this page, i.e this page is a subtopic of

1. Blah
2. Foo
Add new parent: _______ [Browse Index]

Children of this page, i.e this pages has the following subtopics:

1. Habl
2. Oof
3. Bar
Add new child: ________ [Browse Index]

And maybe at the bottom of the page you write that the whole structure of the wiki forms a lattice.

Ralf