Re: [Axiom-developer] Front page esthetic

From: Antoine Hersen
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Front page esthetic
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:12:43 +0200

> | About
> | News
> | Documentation
> | Screenshots/Video
> | -----------
> | Online try
> | Download
> | ---------
> | Developer
> | Mail list
> | Bug report
> | Bibliography
> | Related link
>
> I like it.

Looks not too bad to me, but Bill made sections with headlines. So you
are trying to remove the headlines. OK I can live with that.

Yes, just keep color to separate the different sections.

I like the first section above, but Screenshots/video is a bit too long
as a name. Also "Online try"? Why in the next section? What has that to
do with Download?

Those are two way to use Axiom. And by putting it above download we make sure that people are aware of that option.

Screenshot/video/online try all belong into one category I think. That
is for getting a feeling of what axiom can do. From the About page there
should certainly be a link to these pages. So I would rather suggest

Yes  just "Screenshot" will be better, as people do not epected video and even are not looking for one.
And when people click on it the video should be at the top because it the contexte "visual representation" it is relevant.

------------
Screenshots
Video
Online Try
-----------
Download
-----------

I don't know what you mean with Developer. Should that link to
http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandBoxActiveAxiomDevelopers/withNavigator

Developer where you will click if you are a developer or want to be one.
Here we find all the informations about our various SCM the distinction between gold siliver. The developement road map, the forks projects, the coding sugestion/bounty.
Arguments about design issue and so on.

I don't think that Bibliography is the best word. Would you immediately
think that you can find actual downloadable papers behind it? Is there
some native speaker who can come up with something better?

What about a "Research" instead.
People will expected to find publications and so on there.

| About
| News
| Screenshots
| -----------
| Online try
| Download
| Documentation
| Reseach
| Developer
| Mail list
| Bug report
| Related link

One thing is missing contribution/packages where packages not integrated to Axiom will be.
I will put it bellow Download