RE: [Axiom-developer] Front page esthetic

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Front page esthetic
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 16:20:23 -0400

Gaby,

On Tuesday, August 01, 2006 12:40 AM you wrote:
> | > Important to me is that the front-page must send the message
> | > that this is related to research.  Yes, we have links to workshops
> | > and all that.  But, most importantly, links to research papers
> | > related to Axiom must be clearly and unambiguously linked from
> | > there --
> |
> | Are you aware of the Axiom bibliography on the Axiom Portal?
> |
> | http://portal.axiom-developer.org/refs
>
> Yes, I do.
>
> | Maybe this deserves a link on the Axiom Wiki FrontPage?
>
> This is precisely what I suggested in the message I sent
> (yesterday I believe) to axiom-mail.

Your email to axiom-mail was queued along with the usual 30 or so
spam messages because when you sent the message to axiom-mail you
were not registered as a user (at least not under the email address
that you used to send the message). The amount of spam these days
is simply horrendous so the chances are quite high that if you
are not registered as a user first before sending an email to the
list, it will might well be deleted. I try to review the queued
"spam candidates" at least once a day but I don't give more than
a few seconds to each email before hitting the "discard" button.

I suppose that you got a bounce message from the email list saying
that it had been held. Right?

In this case I did happen to see your email, so I hit "pass" and
it has just been distributed to the list.