RE: [Axiom-developer] Front page esthetic

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Front page esthetic
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2006 17:06:10 -0400

On August 6, 2006 4:51 AM Antoine Hersen wrote:

> About the example on the front page. It is aesthetic but the
> type result is almost the equivalent to any.
>
> I do not have super good replacement idea.
> But I will propose some Taylor expansion maybe ?

The kind of thing I had in mind should appear non-trivial. (I admit
the current example could be considered nearly trivial.) It should
be largely self-explanatory. And it should generate some nicely
formatted LaTeX output but not too much output. In short, designed
to impress. Integration results often seem to quality.

I don't worry too much about the type of the result but the fact
that Axiom's results are typed is certainly worth illustrating.

Of course Axiom can do a lot more than just integration. I think
it would be great to have more suggestions and examples of
favourite Axiom calculations that Axiom users would like to see
on the FrontPage. Send your examples and I will see if I can find
a way to select them at random.