Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Aldor and Axiom

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Aldor and Axiom
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 14:14:52 -0500

> So in order to have a reasonable input/output behaviour on the Axiom
> command line, I should meet certain criteria. Is that written somewhere?
> References?

each domain defines its own print representation.
this is why you get different output if you do

(16) -> (1/2)*x^2+(2/3)*x+3

         1  2   2
   (16)  - x  + - x + 3
         2      3
                                            Type: Polynomial Fraction Integer
(17) -> %::FRAC(POLY(INT))

           2
         3x  + 4x + 18
               6
                                            Type: Fraction Polynomial Integer

even though the underlying information is the same.