Re: [Axiom-developer] Documentation bug?

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Documentation bug?
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:19:51 +0100

Hi Bill,

Maybe I should have been a bit more precise. I actually already knew what )abbrev is for. I just forgot the syntax.

As you see the first message tells me:

  Issue )abbrev? for more information.

And if I do that I get a not so helpful message. That was the bug I was referring to.

Anyway, is there somebody who thinks that the abbreviation is vital to Axiom? (Well it is, because the generated NRLIB will be created under that name.) However, I somehow think that is a constraint of old where filenames could not be arbitrary long. Further, one then has 2 identifiers in Axiom that refer to the same thing.

I believe such abbreviations could be achieved on a per user basis. Simply put appropriate macro definitions in your .axiom.input file.
Aldor does not understand ")abbrev" anyway.

Ralf