Re: [Axiom-developer] Release?

From: William Sit
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Release?
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 03:11:22 -0500

Bill:

Thanks for the instructions below.

> TeXmacs for a graphical interface is definitely possible. But
> it needs to be installed separately.

I followed your instructions and installed TeXmacs. At first it hangs when run
the first time. Rerunning it eventually opens up the windows and I can pull down
the menu Insert->Session->Axiom. Then it displays a cyan long an thin rectangle
across the width of the white area (which disappears if the focus is not TeXmacs
window), with the "axiom]" (no quotes) where a red vertical line crosses the
letter o (which also disappears if window is out of focus). The status bar says
"generic axiom program roman 10 blue [dead]". I type 1 + 1 and press enter, the
program hanged with entire window going blank with (Not Responding) and had to
be killed. This can be reproduced several times. Both startup and shutdown took
relatively long time (6 secs, I am using a P4 2.4GHz 1GB ram machine, running
XP).

I realize that the red vertical line is the cursor but it was not placed in the
right place.

Both TeXmacs and Axiom are installed as subfolders of J:\Program Files.

Any help would be much appreciated.

William