Re: [Axiom-developer] Release?

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Release?
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:48:13 +0100

Dear all,

given that it's not even two weeks to Christmas, I suggest the following:

I'll send a "teaser" to sci.math.symbolic and comp.lang.lisp, saying that Axiom
1.0 is coming "real soon", a beta version being available, coming Thursday,
December 16.

I will not announce Axiom 1.0 without those bugs fixed, that result in a
mathematical mistake and where a fix is available. These bugs are *not*
details! I rather have axiom go to boot and a cryptic error message that I can
notice than return an innocent looking but embarrassingly wrong answer! (I
know, there are mistakes we will probably not be able to fix in a long time,
but at least we should fix those which are easy to fix!)

BTW: Camm, could you submit your patch for "new" to savannah? I agree with
Manuel.

It would be great if we could have a "real" release just before February, since
February is again a month where many people do not have to teach and might find
some time to try it out.

Martin

root writes:
 > Martin,
 >
 > I think we can announce the availability of the axiom.exe for windows
 > without pushing the patches to savannah. I have a lot of little details that
 > need to be checked before merging with main and then more testing before
 > merging with savannah.

What sort of details?

 > The developers will be using tla/arch anyway so the it is not vital that
 > savannah have these changes immediately rather than just "real soon now".

Are the patches from savannah in the tly/arch version of axiom?