[Axiom-developer] RE: tm_axiom

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: tm_axiom
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:34:08 -0400

Joris, and Andrey,

> > If there is an argument (argc>1), let it expect two
> > prompts. Then those who want to use the old NAG axiom
> > can change the command-line to, e.g., tm_axiom nag in
> > the plugin.
>
> That is OK with me too.

This is a good idea but no very "user configuration friendly".

> > It would be good (and not only here) to allow user to
> > supply command-line arguments when starting a session.

Yes.

> You may now configure variant sessions, as I explained you.
> This should be sufficient for a while.

???

> Is there a way to detect automatically with which version
> of axiom we are dealing? Can we use both at the same time?

Please understand what Mike Dewar is trying to tell you:

  It is not necessary to detect which version.

All that is necessary is to just start

   AXIOMsys

instead of the whole group of three (or more?) processes
that are usually started in the NAG commercial version.
tm_axiom only interfaces with one of these - the Axiom
interpret itself.

Cheers,