RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: tm_axiom

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: tm_axiom
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 10:21:05 -0400

Mike,

I expect that no one really intended to imply that NAG
was "not co-operating". As you say, this is very far from
the truth. I think it was a wonderful and bold decision
to make Axiom open source. And I am sure it will be to
everyone's advantage that you, personally, and NAG also
continues to work together with everyone in the open
source Axiom project. Thank you again.

About tm_axiom. What we need to do is just standardize
the *name* of the Axiom interpret sans sman etc. I
propose that starting with the next update to the alpha
version of open source Axiom, we use AXIOMsys as you
suggested, in order to be compatible with the NAG version
of Axiom. (Case insensitive platforms like Windows will
treat this as AXIOMSYS. That should be ok).

Then we will change the new version of tm_axiom so that
it start AXIOMsys. And it should work for both.

Cheers,
Bill Page.