Re: [avrdude-dev] 5.0 Release is immenent

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] 5.0 Release is immenent
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 13:35:30 -0400

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 05:16:57PM +0200, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

> "Apex, we've got a problem!"
>
> Somehow, you managed it to omit the doc/ subdirectory from the
> released files. :-(

Looks like I forgot to include --enable-doc=yes for the
DISTCHECK_CONFIGURE_FLAGS and it didn't get added to the dist.

> The bad news about that is that you cannot remove the files from
> savannah's download area yourself in order to upload the fixed
> files, but you've got to open a support request for them.  OTOH,
> they're usually fairly quick in handling that kind of simple
> requests.

Can I just upload a new .tar.gz file and signed file and will it
replace it?  Or am I going to have to ask for it to be removed first?

> Btw,. I've fixed that -B bug in the getopt() option string, so if
> you re-roll the release, you might consider sliding the tags for
> ChangeLog and main.c.

Would this just be a matter of issuing 'cvs tag RELEASE_5_0_0 main.c'
after a cvs update to get your fix?

Sorry about this ... I guess nobody noticed doc wasn't there on the
beta, since I'm sure it has the same problem.  I always use the man
page as opposed to html or pdf, so I didn't notice.

-Brian
--
Brian Dean
ATmega128 based MAVRIC controllers