Re: [avrdude-dev] 5.0 Release is immenent

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] 5.0 Release is immenent
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:43:40 +0200

As Brian Dean wrote:

> Looks like I forgot to include --enable-doc=yes for the
> DISTCHECK_CONFIGURE_FLAGS and it didn't get added to the dist.

Hmm, I'm not sure that's really needed...  At least in avr-libc, I
don't need that in order to get the doc/ subdir included into the
distribution file.

> Can I just upload a new .tar.gz file and signed file and will it
> replace it?  Or am I going to have to ask for it to be removed
> first?

You have to have it removed first. :-(

> > Btw,. I've fixed that -B bug in the getopt() option string, so if
> > you re-roll the release, you might consider sliding the tags for
> > ChangeLog and main.c.

> Would this just be a matter of issuing 'cvs tag RELEASE_5_0_0
> main.c' after a cvs update to get your fix?

I don't think CVS will let you slide tags without any further option,
it will complain that the tag has already been set.  The man page
suggest you have to say cvs tag -F, but if all else fails, you can as
well delete the tag for these files first with cvs tag -d.

> Sorry about this ... I guess nobody noticed doc wasn't there on the
> beta, since I'm sure it has the same problem.

For whatever reason, it even complained while running ./configure on
that Windows machine, as it tried to reference doc/Makefile.in.  This
doesn't happen when running ./configure on Unix though.