Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: WinAVR

From: Michael Holzt
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] Re: WinAVR
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 11:48:28 +0200

> Alas, Atmel considers these files ``Intellectual Property'' and thus
> forbids redistribution outside of AVR Studio.

Which would not affect our ability to a.) add code to parse that files and
b.) create compatible files on our own.

If using such format would be an improvement, we should think about it.
After all it is not our fault if users of avrdude will take the files from
AVR Studio (when we do not provide compatible ones) and use them with
avrdude.

Regards
Michael

--
      It's an insane world, but i'm proud to be a part of it. -- Bill Hicks