Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude bitbang devices patch

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude bitbang devices patch
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 22:32:14 -0400

Hi Michael,

On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 11:14:16PM +0200, Michael Holzt wrote:

> As promised, i finished a new version of my patch. It can be found at
> http://kju.de/misc/bitbang.diff.

It compiles fine on MacOS X, so that's good.  What system are you
building and testing on?  Linux, Windows, FreeBSD, Mac?

I'm curious - why did you remove the 'static' qualifier from all the
par_xx() functions in 'par.c'?  Looks like the only functions that
need to be external are par_setpin(), par_getpin(), and
par_highpulsepin() (which looks like it was renamed from
par_pulsepin()).

The intent those being static was to insure that no other programmer
depended on any other programmer's implementation internals.

Otherwise, I think this looks good and should provide another useful
programmer definition for folks.  You should add your name to the
copyright in the files you have contributed.  See the copyright header
for stk500v2.c for an example.

Thanks for the new functionality!

-Brian
--