Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude documentation

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] avrdude documentation
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 15:18:24 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 26 Feb 2003, Brian Dean wrote:

:) On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 02:44:09PM -0800, Theodore A. Roth wrote:
:)
:) > I think texinfo works better for documentation that latex.
:)
:) You mentioned that you can generate PDF output using this?  How about
:) alternate font selection?  I suspect that it will suffer the same
:) hard-to-read online fonts as I experienced before switching to ariel
:) in LaTeX, since it too is TeX based.  Can you generate PDF from your
:) simulavr manual and make it available somewhere to take a look at
:) (maybe you've already done this and can just point me to a URL or
:) something)?

Texinfo uses plain TeX. The pdfs are generated using pdftex, not
dvipdf (which sux in my opinion).

Your font problem is because dvipdf can't convert the default fonts to
a format that pdf can handle.

pdftex and pdflatex use pdf compatible fonts from the get-go and
completely bypasses the dvi middle man.

Here's the simulavr pdf and ps files:

http://www.openavr.org/simulavr.pdf.bz2
http://www.openavr.org/simulavr.ps.bz2