Re: [avrdude-dev] [RFC] New usage text

From: Brian Dean
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] [RFC] New usage text
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:14:54 -0500

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 01:29:37PM -0700, E. Weddington wrote:

>  void usage(void)
>  {
> -  fprintf(stderr,
> -          "\nUsage: %s -p partno [-e] [-E exitspec[,exitspec]] [-f format] "
> -          "[-F]\n"
> -          "      %s[-i filename] [-m memtype] [-o filename] [-P port] "
> -          "[-t]\n"
> -          "      %s[-c programmer] [-C config-file] [-v [-v]] [-n]\n\n",
> -          progname, progbuf, progbuf);
> -
> +     printf(
> +             "Usage: %s [options]\n"

I hate to broach this topic, especially since I know that everyone has
their own preferred formatting style, etc.  But I respectfully ask
that we keep the original style with regard to indentation, etc.
Also, I try to keep lines under 80 characters if possible as well.

If we don't, then over time the code is going to look rather odd with
several different levels of indentation, etc, and ultimately be harder
to read than if we use one consistant style.

-Brian
--
Brian Dean
address@hidden