Re: [avrdude-dev] make depend

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avrdude-dev] make depend
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:33:01 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

:) As Theodore A. Roth wrote:
:)
:) > Ok. I'll leave the YACC=byacc line for now. We can remove it once the
:) > grammar is bison friendly.
:)
:) The grammar was already bison-friendly enough. ;-)  The include order
:) wasn't, includes should go between %{ and %} on top, i've fixed this.
:) (byacc doesn't seem to care, bison does.)
:)
:) The remaining incompatibility is one of bison's idiosyncracies:
:) instead of defaulting to the hysterical yacc way of generating
:) y.tab.c/y.tab.h, it defaults to ${sourcename:h}.tab.[ch].  I can be
:) made yacc-compatible with -y, but of course, yacc would not understand
:) that.  (I understand that the y.tab.[ch] way sucks, but changing
:) defaults in something that is meant to be a replacement sucks even
:) more...)

The attached seems to work around the -y bison-ism for me with both
bison and byacc.

This should probably be committed since I'm sure we'll have to deal
with this with autoconf and friends.

Ted