avr-libc-corelib

RE: [Avr-libc-corelib] proposed corelib style guide

From: Ron Kreymborg
Subject: RE: [Avr-libc-corelib] proposed corelib style guide
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 18:09:02 +1000

> I would add (from the user's viewpoint):
>
> MODULES
> - Each module will have a usage guideline and a comprehensible example
> of use
>
> I would anticipate that users will copy the library files to their
> projects, potentially modifying them, rather than use a pre-built
> library or such.
> So the usage guideline should include a method how to add all that's
> necessary into a makefile, preferrably "compatible" with mfile's
> "standard" output (or shall we attempt to expand mfile's capabilities
> accordingly?)
>
> JW

As I understand it, the library will be a pre-compiled lib file, with the
MCU name in the makefile linking to the matching version for that processor.
Maintaining a source version would be nigh on impossible. Imagine: "I
increased the buffer limit and changed the speed setting and now my app
resets about every 5 minutes. Help!".

I suggested earlier that the current source be available (not necessarily
with an avr-avr release but perhaps on a web site somewhere) after the
library is also released in its current final version. This would be "modify
at your own risk". Any other suggestions?

Certainly there will be at least one example for each module.

Ron