Re: [avr-gcc-list] Howto put constants on fixed address

From: zizka
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Howto put constants on fixed address
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 16:09:26 +0100

Thanks for the links, but that is not exactly what I am looking for. Using this
document I was able to create output like this:

0x0000-0x008F .vectors
0x0090-0x03FF gap
0x0400-0x041F my section
0x0420-       rest of the .text section

The gap is empty - it's waste of the flash space. I have not found if it is
possible to put my section to any address and let linker to "flow the .text
section round it", it seems to me that it is not possible, but I don't know why
- the linker should be able to do this, it's not a difficult task...