[avr-gcc-list] Howto put constants on fixed address

From: Zizka
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Howto put constants on fixed address
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 08:13:04 -0800 (PST)

Hi, I need to put some constants on specific address, for example 0x400.

I've declared my constants in a section .foo:
char __attribute__ ((section(".foo"))) myconsts="qwertyuiop";

then I've compiled that code using:
-Wl,-section-start=.foo=0x200

But I get this error:
.... ld.exe: section .foo [00000400 -> 0000040a] overlaps section .text
[00000000 -> 00001b7d]

I've tried to change the linker script and so on, but I was unable to
"insert" my code into the .text section. The only solution was to place my
section after the end of the .text section, so the sections do not overlap,
but that is not what I want. Is it possible to put section to any address?
Or are the sections "unbreakable"?