Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVRDude serial access problem under WinXP

From: Colin O'Flynn
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVRDude serial access problem under WinXP
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 16:01:40 -0300

Hi,

I'll open the bug report. Is it just this though:

  stk500_initpgm(pgm);
  if (pgm->open(pgm, port) >= 0)
    {
      fprintf(stderr,
              "%s: successfully opened stk500v1 device -- please use -c
stk500v1\n",
              progname);
      return 0;
    }

******** ADD THIS LINE: pgm->close(pgm);

  stk500v2_initpgm(pgm);
  if (pgm->open(pgm, port) >= 0)
    {

Where we need to add a line to close the port inbetween?

Regards,

 -Colin