Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVRDude serial access problem under WinXP

From: Preston Wilson
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] AVRDude serial access problem under WinXP
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 19:22:11 -0400

On 3/20/07 6:37 PM, "Vrudny, Noah O" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Also I am using a USB to serial converter as my pc has no serial port on its
> own, if that makes any difference. And, other applications, for example
> MATLAB, have no problem reading and writing to the serial port.

Are you sure that COM2 is the port assigned to your USB to serial converter?

Open Device Manager
  Use Start->Run
  and type "devmgmt.msc" without the quotes
Look under "Ports (COM & LPT)"

What COM port is assigned to your USB to serial converter?  If it is COM2,
then I don't know the answer.  If it is not COM2, then use "-P comX", where
X is what shows up in Device Manager.

-Preston