Re: [avr-gcc-list] Learning about using SPI

From: Juergen Harms
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Learning about using SPI
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 12:28:46 +0100

I realise the SPI is neither quite black nor quite white. I have some experience assembly-language programming an SPI link between two Motorola HC11 processors (but more than 10 years back) and saw that some AVR processor have hardware support for I2C, some for SPI - next thing I will have to do is deciding which hardware to start with, hence my question.

By the way: the entire Tool Chain installed like a charm on my Mandriva 2007.0 platform, and compiler and binutils work great (not yet having hardware, no uploading and debugging tested). And thanks for the kind and competent replies - seeing the mailing list archives was one of the items that had convinced me that with the Tool Chain I have found the solution I have been looking for.

Juergen