[avr-gcc-list] Warnings with virtual methods in avr-g++

From: Gervasio Varela
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Warnings with virtual methods in avr-g++
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 19:16:11 +0100

Hello all,

I'm getting an extrange warning in all classes that have virtual methods when compiling with AVR-G++ (version 3.4.6):

aligment of 'x' is greater than maximum object file aligment

Somebody could explain me this error?

Searching on google I found that there is a bug posted in the bugzilla por GCC with this issue, somebody knows if this is solved in recent versions of GCC (4.x)? (I'm using Nut/OS and Ethernut, and it doesn't compile under GCC 4.x)

Finally, the program seems to run well even with the warnings, but they are very annoying :D

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

PDT: Sorry for my english, I'm not a native english speaker.

--
#    Gervasio Varela                               #