[avr-gcc-list] PROGMEM with boot loader

From: Yannick PODGORSKI
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] PROGMEM with boot loader
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 10:07:13 +0100

Hi,
I try to self programming (with boot loader) an ATMega 128 with a stk500 and
a hyperterminal.
First, I try to flash the boot loader and send caracters on the USART to the hyperterminal.

In my Makefile, I put :
DFLAGS = -Wl,-Ttext=0x1E000 to put all code at this @.

With AVRStudio, I program the fuses :
BOOTRST = 0 (reset at @ 0x1E000)
BOOTSZ = 00 (4096 words for BLS)
All Boot Locks Bits to mode 1 (no lock at all)

In my code, I program :
MCUCR = (1<<IVCE);
MCUCR = (1<<IVSEL); to put interrupt vector in LBS

I use interrupt for the USART.

I declare constant char with PROGMEM :
const char sym[] PROGMEM = {"essai"}

I use fprintf_P to send on the USART :
fprintf_P(OutPc, &sym) to get the char in the flash and send it to USART

It well writes in flash to the boot section but I send bad caracters to the USART ( " ΓΏ ").
That's work when I put the .text section to 0x0

Thanks for help.

Yannick