Re: [avr-chat] Re: [avr-gcc-list] OT: Like to recommend any other goo

From: E. Weddington
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:43:42 -0700

Dave VanHorn wrote:

Ok, that would help.... But one also has to become a Yahoo "member". That's the last thing I need right now is another "membership".....

At least with Jason's mailing lists, there are no corporate sponsorships....

Also, it would be nice not to fracture the AVR community.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

I agree on all counts.
I despize the "forum" approach at "freaks", and the name grates on me anyway..
I'm a contractor, not a "freak".

LOL!

Well, I'm a little more sanguine about it. AVR Freaks, I feel, has it's place. There's a number of good people there. It's a good place if you have fast question. I've noticed that a number of times questions don't get answered on avr-gcc-list, or at least it seems cyclical. There are times that avr-gcc-list is very quiet and then, like recently, a huge surge in traffic. AVR Freaks is a good place for newbies; they learn the ropes. I agree the name is almost embarassing, but I didn't choose it. One other nice thing, is that, *finally*, there are people from Atmel who are answering some questions on AVR Freaks, especially in regards to their AVR Studio software. I think it's getting monitored more by Atmel.

Eric