[avr-gcc-list] Problems porting from CodeVisionAVR to WinAVR

From: Curtis Maloney
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Problems porting from CodeVisionAVR to WinAVR
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 09:42:16 +1100

Greetings,

We've recently decided to migrate all of our AVR development to avr-gcc, for various reasons.

We figured as a good exercise we'd port some existing, working code from cvavr. And weren't there some differences.

No longer the handy notation of PORTx.y for accessing port pins, and declaring interrupts is a little different, but in general the changes have been simple and minor.

However, this has not yet resulted in success. For some reason, whenever we enable the Timer 0 Overflow interrupt, the setup resets. Not immediately, of course, but after the timer expires.

So far, I've checked we're not overflowing the stack, ensured the correct signal declaration is included, ensured the binary is being generated correctly... it just seems it's never hitting the interrupt (even put "UDR = '!'" as the first instruction in the handler... no luck).

So it looks to me like it's hitting the generic bad interrupt handler. But providing a __vector_default function still doesn't result in any noticeable output.

Anything else I can test/check? This hardware does work with the CVAVR generated code.

--
Curtis Maloney