RE: [avr-gcc-list] help debugging resets

From: Bernard Fouché
Subject: RE: [avr-gcc-list] help debugging resets
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 13:13:15 +0100

I ran into optimization problems recently. More exactly turning on the
optimizer showed a bug that was invisible without it. I was missing a
'volatile' for a variable, this variable being changed in a interrupt. Since
the optimizer tries to keep data loading at minimum, my variable was just
read once before entering a loop instead at each iteration. In fact each
time I suspected the optimizer to be strange, I discovered problems of my
own :-)

 Bernard