Re: [avr-gcc-list] Problems porting from CodeVisionAVR to WinAVR

From: Curtis Maloney
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Problems porting from CodeVisionAVR to WinAVR
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 11:34:37 +1100

Thanks to the two people who replied so promptly to my pleas for help.

In the middle of an R&D meeting I had a small epiphany, and realised the
reason we weren't hitting any of our interrupt vectors, is that CVAVR
automagicaly clears the IVSEL bit (we're using ATmega32 with a custom
boot loader)... avr-gcc, of course, does almost nothing you don't tell it.

I had, in fact, already included code to clear the GICR, but a quick
read of the manual revealed you need to prime it by setting the IVCE bit
first.  That done, the code now works.

So, something for other people trying to make the same transition.
Overly helpful tools can make you sloppy :)

--
Curtis Maloney