Re: [avr-gcc-list] Compiled code; output Bug or Not?

From: Panther Electronics
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Compiled code; output Bug or Not?
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 11:26:42 +0530

Thanks for checking it out,

I learn a few thing's from this, i must devote time on the "makefile". any good
URL where i can learn from? other than GCC or AVR freaks these are only for
those who understand Linux & C.

also i would like some pointers with examples of using ASM. with the constrains
put by GCC?

yes, the listing posted was from a reduced source file.

I would like the list to bear with my stupid and dumb questions cause, i come
from ASM and VB background and a "Bird in Water" when it comes to C

thanks in advance

Srikanth Kamath T

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003 11:49:43 +0100 (MET), Joerg Wunsch wrote:
Panther Electronics <address@hidden> wrote:

> avr-gcc (GCC) 3.3 20021209 (experimental)

OK.

> avr-gcc -c -g -Os -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -fpack-struct
>-fshort-enums -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wa,-ahlms=MXTPort.lst -mmcu=at90s2313
>-I. MXTPort.c -o MXTPort.o

Since you sent me the C file in a private mail, i could try
reproducing this.

Hmm, when i replace the -c by a -S there and omit the -o MXTPort.o,
the generated MXTPort.s contains code for check_pa() that has exactly
one RET instruction.  So sorry, i still don't see where there would be
a problem.

The generated MXTPort.lst seems to agree with this.

The disassembled ELF file (avr-objcopy -d) agrees, too.  However, the
addresses shown don't match the snippet you've been posting (from
AVRstudio?) in any way.  My compiler version is slightly newer
(20030108), but this should not cause such drastical differences
anyway.

> MXTPort.c: In function `check_pa':
> MXTPort.c:269: warning: assignment makes pointer from integer without a cast

Btw., are you absolutely sure that you want to read an SRAM pointer
directly from an IO port?  This looks a bit suspicious to me.

--
J"org Wunsch                                               Unix support engineer
address@hidden        http://www.interface-systems.de/~j/

avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org