Re: [avr-gcc-list] Compiled code; output Bug or Not?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Compiled code; output Bug or Not?
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 18:08:12 +0100 (MET)

Russell <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've looked for replacements and am just learning 'jam'. It is a
> simple language that inherently handles large projects and keeps
> track of all dependencies by scanning C sources for header
> files. It's also small (<100k).

> http://www.perforce.com/jam/jam.html

Perforce is certainly a #1 address for excellent software solutions.
So even without looking there, i have no doubt that this is a
well-thought software build system.

But well, projects as large as the entire BSD operating system can
work with "make", and so far didn't break down.  There are solutions
for automatically adding dependencies if this is really needed.

My guess is that for the typical microcontroller application that
eventually needs to fit into at most 128 KB of RAM, the number of
source files and subdirectories to include is usually easy enough to
overview, and even tracking .h file dependencies manually is possible.

YMMV, of course.

avr-gcc-list at http://avr1.org