Re: [avr-chat] cheap DIY programming cables: anything on USB ?

From: Royce Pereira
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] cheap DIY programming cables: anything on USB ?
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 00:25:59 +0530

Hi,

----- Original Message ----- From: "Vincent Trouilliez" <address@hidden>

So is there any DIY cables (or pre-built, but mega cheap, and
available in the Euro zone) that run on a USB port ?

Recently I constructed Tuxgraphics AvrUsb500v2 -- an open source Atmel AVR Programmer, stk500 V2 compatible, with USB interface.

It works really very well, and it is very low cost.

All schematics, source code, hex files, PCB files are available, as also kits from the web-shop.

I chose to build it & make the PCB myself.

Only difference is that I used a ready available USB/serial bridge that I had, instead of the FTDI chip used in the original circuit.

Here is the link :

http://tuxgraphics.org/electronics/200705/article07052.shtml

Best regards,

--Royce Pereira.