Re: #define warnings when using various autotools projects

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: #define warnings when using various autotools projects
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 09:43:08 +0200

Hello,

* Peter Simons wrote on Wed, May 21, 2008 at 08:36:26PM CEST:
> Stepan Kasal writes:
>
>  > AC_INIT([xGA], [0.1], address@hidden)
>  > AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([1.10])
>  > AC_CONFIG_HEADERS([config.h])
>  > AX_PREFIX_CONFIG_H
>  > #...
>  > AC_OUTPUT
>
> I use the AX_PREFIX_CONFIG_H macro exactly the same way and it seems to work
> fine.

Jumping into this thread again, without remembering all the earlier
details.  Which M4 versions are you two using, respectively?  The posted
error was one that was bound to happen with the git master version of
M4 and with future 1.6.

> The only thing that worries me is the generated include guard, because
> the symbol begins with an underscore. My understanding is that those kind of
> symbols are reserved and shouldn't be used in user code. Anyhow, I'm
> probably just paranoid. The macro is really useful.

Probably an Autoconf Macro Archive-specific prefix would do well.