Re: #define warnings when using various autotools projects

From: Peter Simons
Subject: Re: #define warnings when using various autotools projects
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 20:36:26 +0200

Stepan Kasal writes:

 > AC_INIT([xGA], [0.1], address@hidden)
 > AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([1.10])
 > AC_CONFIG_HEADERS([config.h])
 > AX_PREFIX_CONFIG_H
 > #...
 > AC_OUTPUT

I use the AX_PREFIX_CONFIG_H macro exactly the same way and it seems to work
fine. The only thing that worries me is the generated include guard, because
the symbol begins with an underscore. My understanding is that those kind of
symbols are reserved and shouldn't be used in user code. Anyhow, I'm
probably just paranoid. The macro is really useful.

Guido, would you mind if I update the documentation to reflect current
Autoconf practices?

Best regards,
Peter