Re: RFE: configure -> dependency list on exit.

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: RFE: configure -> dependency list on exit.
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 10:25:00 -0800

Stepan Kasal <address@hidden> writes:

> I wanted to say:
> "I suggest you to install package foo, which can be grabbed from foo.org,
> in order to proceed with this build."

Ouch.  That's not how I interpreted your output.  Perhaps we should
rethink the output format.

> Please note that my proposal contained other niceties:
> 1) the text is printed twice, first as a NOTICE, and second at the end.
> 2) at the end there is only one header "Suggestions:", followed by the
> list of packages.

(1) might be worth doing -- perhaps we could use a list of priorities,
rather than a single priority, and output N copies of the message if
the list is length N.  I'm not sure whether it's worth doing, though.

(2) is a nicety, but it isn't crucial.  I don't see that it's worth
trading generality for.