Re: PACKAGE_NAME, PACKAGE_VERSION etc

From: Daniel Reed
Subject: Re: PACKAGE_NAME, PACKAGE_VERSION etc
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 10:57:51 -0500 (EST)

On 2004-02-18T00:31-0000, Balint Joo wrote:
) /* Name of package */
) #define PACKAGE "qdp"
) The trouble is that when we configure two packages,
) the #define macro names conflict. Ie we configure build and
) install package 1 and its config.h contains the above.
)
) We then configure package 2 which uses the config.h from package
) 1. But package 2 also contains the #define macros

If at all possible, simply do not include both config.h files in your code.
If you need the output from one autoconf check in both config.h files,
simply repeat the check in both project's configure.ac files.

When using autoconf's cache (pass -C to ./configure), the check will not
actually be repeated; the cached value from the first run will be used by
the second ./configure run.

--
Daniel Reed <address@hidden>    http://naim-users.org/nmlorg/
http://naim.n.ml.org/