Re: PACKAGE_NAME, PACKAGE_VERSION etc

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: PACKAGE_NAME, PACKAGE_VERSION etc
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:52:56 +0100

* Bruce Korb wrote on Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 06:07:31PM CET:
> Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> > On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Bruce Korb wrote:
> > > Why not just incorporate some variation on the "prefix" macro
> > > that modifies the names of all the #define-d macros?
> > >
> > >    my-config.h : config.h
> > >        sed 's/^#define /#define MY_/' config.h > $@
*snip*
> > Additional Makefile rules would need to be added to ensure
> > that my-config.h is created before any compilation takes place.
>
> I think all the compile dependency stuff is already handled.
> "my-config.h" would need to be listed in the BUILT_SOURCES macro
> though (in automake-speak).

AX_PREFIX_CONFIG_H can easily be used in this setting, see
http://ac-archive.sourceforge.net/Miscellaneous/ax_prefix_config_h.html
as well as several older discussion on this list,
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=AX_PREFIX_CONFIG_H&submit=Search%21&idxname=autoconf&max=10

Regards,